Sunday, January 27, 2013 / Toronto, ON, Canada

» Post-work biers @ Bier Markt

After 2 years of talking about how we wanted to both work downtown and grab drinks after work, V and I finally had a chance to do it :)
Shopping, food, alcohol, and good company. What else could I have asked for?
- - -
So we headed over to Bier Markt near Union Station for some biers!! (We walked through the PATH without getting lost! *pats myself on the back*)
After going to BeerBistro and not getting a beer, I obviously had to get one here. Although I absolutely do not like beer, I don't mind fruity beers. I was really tempted to get Fruli (a strawberry flavored beer) to be on the safe side, but I ended up trying a random one that was called Lindemans Pecheresse Lambic Ale. It was a Belgium beer with a hint of peach flavoring.
It was actually really good. It tasted like sparking wine! :) yums
For an appetizer, we ordered a Smoked Meat Poutine to share.
The fries were really good, but the meat on top of the poutine was even better. It smelled like bacon (love) and tasted like the pork from a porketta sandwich in Italy. To say the least, we devoured that in probably 10 minutes.
I ordered the Smoked Chicken Flatbread and V ordered the Smoked Meat Flatbread.
The food was rather disappointing, to say the least. I thought that the flatbread was in the oven for a bit too long so it was too hard and crunchy. The chicken on mine was really dry, and also the coleslaw on V's was an awkward mix of tastes with the smoked meat. We both didn't even finish our meals (and that barely happens) so that must mean something haha. I guess we'll only be heading to Bier Markt for beers from now on :)
Bier Markt - Esplanade on Urbanspoon

Even though it was a Wednesday when we went, it felt like a Friday.. It was sad to think that I'd have to head home and then wake up to go to work the next morning. What a long week, but cheers to an amazing catch-up night :)

sincerely,
kn
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig