Sunday, July 28, 2013

» My Summer Essential: Smoothies

A perfect remedy to the scorching, sunny weather:
A delicious & easy fruit smoothie
- - -
I used to spend $6 on a smoothie, but then I remembered I owned a Magic Bullet.
Why not save some money and have fun making my own smoothies instead?
So that is exactly what I decided to do.
It is super easy to make and doesn't take a lot of time,
which is perfect for me since I am always on the go.

Prep Time: approx 2.5 minutes
Ingredients:
A handful of any fruit (frozen or fresh)
(here, I chose to put in tropical fruits and berries)
1 banana
3/4 cup of orange juice or water
2 table spoons of plain yogurt
Optional: a handful of spinach for its nutritional antioxidants
Some other tips:
You can take fresh fruits and freeze them and use them in smoothies (if they're going to go bad soon) - I do this all the time!
Also, if you do buy frozen fruit, try to make sure there is no sugar added :)

Other than that, just put all your ingredients in and blend away!
- - -
And of course I'd have to make an instavideo of it ;)

Happiness in a cup  by @karencng

Happy Sunday :)
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig