Monday, January 13, 2014

Downsize, & Prioritize

Can't believe I'm saying this but.. I started full-time today in my dream job and could not be happier!


It seems surreal to tell people that I am no longer a student, but that I am working full-time and doing something that I enjoy. Graduating and then starting work right away made me feel like I was being forced into the next chapter of my life that I wasn't quite ready for. But now that I'm here, I couldn't be more ready. I can't believe I've gotten so far!

It also got me thinking - I don't think I would have made it through all these years without the constant support and love from my family and friends. So many people come and go, but so many people have also came and stayed.

I'm so thankful for everyone that came into my life to teach me a lesson,
but even more thankful for the ones that are still here.

It also reminded me of one of my favorite Thought Catalog articles:

"As we get older we tend to downsize, prioritize.
Trim the corners of our lives, keeping what’s important and discarding what isn't.
Sometimes we stop needing people in our lives and it isn't even conscious.
In life, it's a given that you will lose people. 
People will flow in and out like curtains through an open window, 
sometimes for no reason at all. 
But losing someone important to you will feel like a suckerpunch every single time, 
and you’ll never see it coming. 
Which makes the friendships that do hold out, 
the ones that make it through countless breakdowns 
and breakthroughs and changes and years, 
so 
damn 
important."

Amen.
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig