Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Poutineville

I never knew how difficult it was to make a poutine look appetizing until now.


And I have still failed. My poutine here just looks like a blob - great!
But for all my fellow poutine lovers, do yourself a favor and gather up a couple friends and head on over to Poutineville. You won't want to come without an army because the poutines here are no joke.


You can either choose one of their menu-ed poutines (beware as they only come in the large size) or you can pick and choose your own ingredients. Since V and I had just eaten a S'mores burger from Big Crow, we opted to make our own poutines since we wanted the small size.


They are known for their "House Special" potatoes - Crushed Potatoes. The owner was very kind to describe to us what goes into making the crushed potatoes and even gave us a bowl to sample.
Personally, I wasn't that big of a fan. It just tasted like a stuffed chip.

(I realized that I wanted to take a photo of what I chose but half of my ingredients hadn't been chosen yet...fail.)

My poutine consisted of... Shoestring potatoes as the base, with mushrooms, caramelized onions, and philly steak as my toppings, sprinkled with Mozzarella and Swiss, and gravy poured all over it.

V's poutine consisted of... Shoestring potatoes, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.


So I'm a little embarrassed but, we barely scraped the bottom of our plates. I couldn't even finish half of mine. The portions were insane!!
The poutine itself was absolutely delicious though. All my toppings tasted great, and the steak wasn't dry and there was a fair amount of it (as some places usually skimp out on the meat). And, there was a gracious amount of gravy (which was the best part).
I can't even imagine how the large portions would be nor how the Heart Attack (a $100 poutine) could get devoured. AKA why you need to bring an army when you decide to visit this place.


Poutineville is located between Bathurt and Spadina on Bloor. So although the location is kind of 'far' from the downtown core, trust me when I say you'll want to walk around after eating here.
And although my experience here was haunting (so.much.food.)... Would I come back?
Let's be honest for a second. Yes.

Poutineville on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig