Thursday, October 16, 2014 / 243 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 1Z4, Canada

#NuganRaw at iYellow's Wine Cave

Being a one-glass-at-night-every-night kinda gal, I was especially excited when iYellow Wine Club invited me to one of their events at the iYellow Wine Cave.


Located on Queen Street West, the wine cave is on the lower level of 243 where you need to enter through the back alley (which really does make it seem like a 'cave'). And upon entering, you will automatically be greeted with glasses of wine.

I got the chance to attend a part of their Raw series, specifically the Nugan Estate.


As one of Australia's top 20 wine exporters, we were given a chance to taste 4 wines:
• Nugan Estate Third Generation Chardonnay 
• Nugan Estate's 'Alfredo' Second Pass Shiraz (90 points)
• Nugan Estate McLaren Vale Shiraz (93 points)
• Nugan Estate Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon (92 points)


Coupled with a large cheese platter, this is the definition of a perfect wine cave.


I was honoured to meet Matthew Nugan, the grandson of Alfredo Nugan (the founder of Nugan Estates), as he was present at this event. He told us many stories about the estate and their wine. It was such a great learning experience!


I also learned that Alfredo is available at the LCBO. With such an unique packaging, it will be hard bottle to miss while scrounging through the shelves. Go pick up a bottle and go through the following 5 steps to taste the wine for yourself! Hurry, because it is only available until November 9!


And might I add that I found that I enjoyed the wines more once I got to know a little bit more about how they were made and the inspiration behind them.

So a big thank you to iYellow for inviting me and I hope to be back for another event soon!


Cheers!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig