Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Grazie Ristorante



On random days, I have sporadic cravings for pasta.
And the day that I went to Grazie's was one of those random days.


Located at Yonge and Eglinton is a cute Italian restaurant called Grazie Ristorante. I have always heard about this restaurant but never had the chance to venture over since I am rarely in this area. So I was excited to try it!


Walking in, I expected it to be really loud and busy (not sure why I thought that) but it wasn't. It was calm and quiet, and it was actually a lot bigger inside than I had expected from looking outside. The interior made me feel like it was decorated very 'home-y' like and I think it suited the restaurant!


To start, we ordered Cozze Portofino, which are fresh mussels steamed in either light tomato sauce or white wine sauce. We chose the white wine.


Bruschetta, an all-time crowd pleaser. Toasted bread with fresh tomato, garlic and fine herbs was something you couldn't say no to!


I ordered the Nico pasta, which was pappardelle with sautéed veal strips, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms in a veal jus, with a touch of cream.


For dessert, I opted for the classic Tiramisu.


And a latte. :)


Overall, it was a good meal. It satisfied my pasta craving, as my dish was really delicious. I really enjoyed the veal, and the sauce for my pasta went well with the veal. I felt like there were too many sundried tomatoes though. I left a large pile of them when I was finished.
As for the appetizers, they were also worth ordering. However, the tiramisu was sort of a let down. I did not really enjoy it - I like my tiramisu with more of the ladyfinger/coffee substance and less of the cream. This one was about 85% cream :(
Other than that though, there were way too many different pasta and pizza options on the menu that I would have liked to try, so I hope I will be back soon!

Grazie Ristorante on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig