Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Santo's Italian Cuisine


I love Italian cuisine, and so do my parents. My mom came here with a couple of her friends and loved it, so she brought my dad and I here to give it a try. As sad as this is, I don't think I've ever eaten at an Italian restaurant uptown lol since I mainly have Asian food.


We started off with complimentary bruschetta (toasted calabreze baguette with fresh tomato, basil, and parmigiano cheese), as the waiter found out it was my birthday (lol this is a super belated post, oops). It was sooo good!


I decided on my all-time favourite, penne alla vodka.


My dad ordered a set meal of the bistecca alla griglia, which was an 8 oz steak with a side of pasta with their home-made tomato basil sauce. Yes, this was their 'side of pasta' - such generous portions ._. no one is complaining here.


My mom ordered the penne al salmone affumicatto (penne with smoked salmon in rose vodka sauce).


Yummmmmmm. I don't think I've ever been so full lol I got sick of my food since they gave us such big portions. We each had to get a box for our leftovers (yay for lunch tomorrow!)

For dessert, yes we still got dessert haha, we ordered a slice of their decadent chocolate cake and tiramisu.




Absolutely unreal. I am so happy my mom found this place!! All three of our pastas were so good, with generous portions (unlike a lot of restaurants downtown). The service was great, and the desserts were also bomb. I can't wait to come back here!

Santo's Italian Cuisine on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig