Saturday, March 21, 2015

Wilbur Mexicana


Can we taco 'bout this spot on King West for a sec?


As a self-proclaiming taco-lover, I have seen way too many pictures of Wilbur Mexicana on social media for me to not head over and try it myself. We came on a Friday night (late though, around 8:30pm) and it was quite packed. We walked in, and followed their steps to order (as shown in the above photo).


After ordering, we took our number and sat down at one of the little booths.


Awaiting patiently, yet anxiously, for our food, we headed over to their salsa bar.


Being overwhelmed, I ended up just getting a bit of their mild and suave salsa, with a bit of some random hot sauce.


A hot sauce lovers' paradise ._.

And then our food arrived!!! 


The first thing we got was the guac and chips. Wowza, let's just say we both loved this. We couldn't talk for a while cause we were both busy munching away.


The chips were thick-ish and warm, while the guac was just a bunch of smashed up avocados with nothing else. (y) amaze.


D decided on trying the Cali Burrito, which was a burrito stuffed with carne asada (steak), rice, sweet potato, guacamole, salsa suave, jack and cheddar and sour cream.


Next up were my tacos. I ordered three.


Chicken Tinga | pulled chicken with guacamole and cotija cheese on a cripsy corn tortilla


Pork | pulled pork, pickled red onion, jalapeno-cilantro crema, and cotija cheese in  flour tortilla


Baja Fish | beer battered mahi-mahi, cabbage, pico de gallo, and chiptole creme in a corn tortilla


All three were absolutely delicious. I normally do not enjoy hard shelled tacos but the chicken one was my favorite! It could also be due to the fact that it had guac but still bomb. The sauces on the other two were also really good. I've had better tacos but I still enjoyed these. 

Wilbur is currently waiting to add some drinks and cocktails to their menu. Once they do, I can see myself back here when I want to satisfy my taco cravings and relax.


(I broke the rules by taking the menu to my table - oops!)

Wilbur Mexicana on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig