Monday, July 06, 2015

Sandwich Box



I don't think I've ever walked outside to grab lunch before lol kind of sad since our 'summer' is half over. But it was a nice day out and as I decided to use Zomato to find a lunch place, I stumbled across this place.


Sandwich Box is a fast food sandwich joint that takes pride in their fresh and natural ingredients. They have three locations in Toronto: in the Financial District, Entertainment District, and Yorkville. I visited the one on Richmond Street West as it was the closest to where I work. It's a decent sized space with a couple tables inside and outside.



So basically what happens here is... You stand in line and pick a number of toppings for your personalized sandwich. But the toppings are overwhelming, so I 100% recommend you to look it over on their website first and pick out what you want. Because once you're in line, there are no 'umm's and 'uhhh's. If you haven't made up your mind by the time you order, all you'll get are dirty looks (lol jk, people aren't that mean - just me heheh).

OR you can just choose from their Express Menu, which is small list of sandwiches that have pre-picked toppings. But if you can customize your own sandwich to exactly what you want, why settle?


(#2 was sold out by the time I got there... It'll always be a mystery!)


They also have a variety of drinks for you to grab while you wait.


And besides sandwiches, they also have soups and a salad bar where you can pick anything you want on it. It'd costs you $2.35/100g.


But of course I opted for the sandwich :)


For my bread, I went with Rosemary Foccacia. I wanted something 'thicker' and more filling, as I was hungry lol what's new.


My toppings: brie cheese, smoked chicken, and avocado (mmmmmm...)


With the avocado & chipotle mayo spread (never too much avocado!)


After they graciously put the toppings on, they grill them so they are nice and warm. It's also awesome because it helps melt the cheese to make everything gooey and just...awesome.


Each box also comes with a mini salad, which I wasn't too fond of. Dressing was blah, and the salad was pretty warm since it was next to my steaming hot sandwich, but I guess there isn't really anything they can do about that! I half wished my cheese didn't melt so much so I could stuff the salad into my sandwich, but nahhh the melted cheese was awesome.


For $10, I wouldn't say that it is worth the price since I was hungry again 2 hours later (as was my coworker who came with me). But I did really enjoy my sandwich! I can see myself coming back for sure - especially on days I'm craving certain toppings. I mean, I already know what combo I'm getting on my sandwich next so... :)

Click to add a blog post for Sandwich Box on Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig