Friday, November 27, 2015 / Toronto, ON, Canada

Hub Sushi


O.m.g. So. Much. Salmon. Sushi. <3_<3
Hub Sushi has become one of my main hubs for having delicious sushi ;)



Hub Sushi is located uptown in Thornhill on Yonge Street. I don't venture too often into this area (a 25 minute-ish drive from my house), but I would say that is worth the drive.


It has a very cozy atmosphere with a decent number of tables and space.


We started off with some hot sake (bleh so nasty lol!) where my dad said he would 'share' with us, but he ended up drinking the whole thing cus we didn't like it. I swear that was his plan all along!!


Having looked up the menu online prior to coming, we quickly ordered and waited for the food to come. They gave us complimentary salads as the food took a pretty long time (so nice of them!)


And then our food came...

 
THIS - is the Love Salmon Combo. It comes with a salmon roll, a spicy salmon roll and Hub Sushi's specialty Washington Roll. Look at that salmon and rice ratio (y) best ever.


The Washington Roll is a tempura shrimp and avocado covered in salmon - SO good!!!


This is a horrible picture, but this is another one of their specialty rolls, the Island Roll


It has shrimp tempure and avocado inside with yam and scallop on top. It is then covered in special sauce and torched. Oh my goodness, this had to be the best thing ever. It was a melt-in-your-mouth kind of experience. I would definitely recommend ordering this!


I absolutely love scallops, so when I heard that Hub Sushi's fish is super fresh, I decided to order some sashimi. And we all know my obsession with salmon, so we got three pieces of hotatekai. Wow, this has to be the best scallop sashimi I've ever had! So fresh and so delicious.


My parents love uni so we also got four orders of this.
They gave us two in this form, and two in a nigiri form.



My parents said it was very good and they wanted more lol! What's new?!


We also got the beef yaki udon. It was very good, but I didn't know there would be so much sauce! Usually pan fried udon doesn't have that much sauce, which is how I like it, so I don't think I would order this again.

Overall, I had a fantastic time at Hub Sushi. The sushi was absolutely delicious!! It was very fresh and you can tell they care about the presentation of the food. I cannot wait to come back and order something else on the menu!

Hub Sushi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig