Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Lucky Red


As I write up my blog posts, I've noticed that I've been going to a lot of fusion restaurants lately. They're everywhere in Toronto now! I've been wanting to try Lucky Red for a while, so here we are.


Lucky Red is located in Chinatown on Dundas and Spadina. The brothers behind Banh Mi Boys re-launched Lucky Red six months ago in April. I haven't been to Lucky Red prior to the renovation, but from everyone else's comments, it is a great change!


Although it looks pretty small from the outside, it seats a decent amount of people. The interior is comfortable and casual, which is perfect after a stressful day at work.




We started off with their daily special. From 5pm to 7pm, they serve these $1.50 tacos!! They weren't anything amazing though. But for $1.50, it was a decent price. I would save the $1.50 and spend it on another one of their dishes.


This is the Nacho Koreano, which is a pork dumpling chip with kimchi salsa.


I've never had anything like this before! A dumpling as a chip for nachos?! It was good, but I'm not a huge fan of kimchi and the kimchi salsa was very overpowering. But if you like kimchi, you would love this dish!


One order of the Pork Belly Steamed Bao comes with two. This has got to be one of the best pork belly baos ever! It was a little too fatty, but that's the best part!


We also had to try their famous fried chicken. We just ordered two pieces to get a taste. It was very juicy and delicious - this is a definitely recommended.


Last but not least, we ordered the Ram n' Cheese, which is mac n' cheese but with ramen noodles.


I love ramen noodles, but I wasn't a fan of this dish. It looks like a big dish of noodles, but the dish was super shallow. It made the noodles overcooked and the cheese a little burnt - just meh.


Overall, we had a decent meal here. For what we ate (we were super full), it was well-priced as well. If you like Korean fusion food, or fried chicken, I would suggest trying out Lucky Red.


Lucky Red Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig