Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Delarosa • San Francisco



My favourite trio combination: pizza, pasta, & cocktails.
What better way to enjoy a relaxing, casual meal while on vacation than at Delarosa?


Delarosa (@delarosasf) is known for their Roman-style pizza, tapa-styled dishes, and delicious craft cocktails. They opened their first location back in 2010 in the Marina District near the Golden Gate Bridge. However, Delarosa recently opened up a new location in October 2015 in-between the Financial District (FiDi, as the locals say it) and the South of Market district (SOMA), where I decided to go visit!



With a large patio outside with large tables giving off a casual, communal-style dining feel, you also get the same welcoming vibe when walking into the restaurant. You're first greeted with a gorgeous bar and bar area. On the right hand side, you'll see more long, communal-style dining tables with an open kitchen. Now I know what people mean when they say they love Delarosa due to how casual and welcoming it is!




Starting off with a cocktail, I was told that the Salty Dog (vodka, elderflower, grapefruit juice, and with a salted rim) and the Painted Ladies (mezcal, tamarind, chili tincture, lemon bitters, lime) were a very popular choice. I decided to go with the Salty Dog (I've had a Salty Dog before at another bar and liked it) and it was indeed delicious and refreshing (as opposed to the name of the cocktail lol!)

Before we were even able to settle down at the table, food was quickly brought to us (which was perfect since we were on a tight schedule - thanks Delarosa for reading my mind!) Here are the dishes that I was able to try:

• meatballs in spicy marinara sauce
• burrata bruschetta with hazelnut & honey
• kale & romaine caesar salad with croutons, pecorino, and grilled steak
• pappardelle napoletana pasta with tender, tender braised pork shoulder
• margherita pizza with burrata and basil
• scallops on a bed of leeks and potatoes





All the food we got to taste was super tasty. The burrata bruschetta was a perfect starter with the hazelnut topping and honey drizzled on top. The meatballs were juicy and I actually ate it with the pappardelle pasta we had. You could tell that the pasta was fresh and house-made, which is rare for a restaurant. I haven't had such a delicious pasta dish in a while! The scallops were also perfectly seared and was so good with the potatoes - another one of my favourites!

Overall, I had a fantastic time at Delarosa. Besides the service being very attentive, we were able to try a number of delicious dishes. I loved the casual atmosphere, open kitchen, gorgeous bar, and communal tables. If you're looking for somewhere casual to relax during your vacation in SF, this is a spot to visit. If you're a local in SF, I'm sure you have your go-to spots. Maybe give Delarosa a try - you will have good food, good cocktails, and a good time. Cheers!



Delarosa Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

*This meal was complimentary, however, please note that all my opinions made are my own.*
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig