Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Metro Master Class at Taste of Toronto

During Taste of Toronto this year, Metro invited me to join them at one of their Metro Master Classes and I made this:



Okay, fine. Someone helped me, but I still had a lot of fun!

Taste of Toronto (@tasteoftoronto) is another food festival in Toronto that showcases signature dishes from some of the city's best restaurants, meet and learn from world-class chefs, and sample gourmet food and drinks. They run for four days in the summer, with two sessions per day (afternoon and evening). In addition to visiting booths, there are a number of activities that you can partake in - including the Metro Master Class!



Metro has been a sponsor for Taste of Toronto since it started in 2013. They provide festival go-ers the opportunity to take a hands on cooking class with some of Toronto's best chefs. While Metro provides all the ingredients, it is free for all participants, and everyone even gets a little take-away bag full of ingredients by Metro!

The Metro Master Class that I got to attend was with the celebrated chef, Anthony Rose. He owns Bar Begonia, Fat Pasha, Schmaltz Appetizing, Rose and Sons, and Big Crow - what a portfolio! But he was actually not going to be teaching this class. Alice (@meetandeats) and I would be!



Lol, jk. That's not happening, and I'm sure we did everyone a favour by letting Anthony teach. Anyways, the dish that he was going to teach us how to create is his delicious Msabbaha, a vegetarian/vegan dish.

Ready or not, the class started and we were quickly overwhelmed hahaha. Hover over the pictures for captions of what is happening. A big thank you goes out to Vivian (@vvivianpoon) for helping me capture all these shots!



If you couldn't tell, we had a lot of fun at the Metro Master Class. Although our dish did not turn out as pretty as Anthony's, I'd say we did a pretty decent job. Shout out to Arthur for helping us since Alice and I had no idea wtf was going on for a bit haha. In addition to attending the class, we were given a massive gift bag with these premium products! It included the following items:


I can't wait to give these products a try, in addition to some of the recipes from the book! I'm particularly excited to try Maple BBQ seasoning on my salmon and the sea salt flakes while I cook. Thanks Metro for inviting me to Taste of Toronto and letting me participate in a Metro Master Class. Can't wait for next year!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig