Saturday, July 02, 2016

Rasa Bar • Set Monday Industry Night



On Mondays, Rasa Bar offers all their customers a tasting menu that is so popular, you will need to make reservations a month in advance. It's that good! With the demand so high, I was very excited to visit Rasa and get a taste of what @TheFoodDudesTO had to offer. The only other time I visited Rasa Bar was when I came for Tyrrells English Crisps' launch back in 2015. I've been meaning to come back ever since.

Walking into the restaurant, you are immediately greeted with live music - this is a part of the Monday nights. You can choose to sit inside or outside as they also have a patio outside that wraps around the restaurant. We opted to sit inside as it was supposed to rain later on in the night. It was quite dark inside, so excuse my poorly lit photos!

They started us off with a 'rasa snack'. I'm not too sure what this was, but I am assuming it was an amuse-bouche. Quickly following that, we were presented with Rasa's famous chopped salad. It included vegetables (obviously, lol), quinoa, jalapeño feta, and crispy chickpeas. This was probably one of my favourite salads I've ever had. The sauce on the side was sooo tasty with the rest of the greens and the crispy chickpeas added such a good texture to the salad.

For our appetizer, L ordered the Adobo Roll which is a roll stuffed/topped with chicken, bacon aioli,salsa roja, cotija, and crackling. I ordered the weekly inspired fish dish. Unfortunately, I did not write down what it was exactly but it had some cured white fish with sweet potatoes (I know, this isn't helpful at all haha sorry). For our mains, we decided to get the burger and the Bangkok Bowl. For me, I got the popular burger cooked to the perfect medium rare - chopped steak, beef cheek, provolone, gochujang sauce, & beansprout kimchi between two sweet buns. I underestimated how good it would be (talk about a juicy patty!) and also how filling it would be. As for what was in the Bangkok Bowl, you'll find yellow fin tuna, fried squid, mango jicama slaw, and smoked peanuts.

For dessert, Rasa will give you a little surprise treat. Typically, it is just a little square (and our case, it was a little square). They also have an option to order their specialty donut of the day for dessert as well. We decided to get it as it was a chocolate pistachio donut!! Although it sounded amazing, unfortunately, it did not live up to our excitement. The little square itself was good, but the donut was rather dry. We asked for additional pistachio glaze so that we could dip the donut into it. With the glaze, it was a lot better!

For only $35, this was so well worth it. I might skip out on the donut, but the rest of the meal was delish. There are also $5 beers and glasses of wine! So be sure to plan ahead and make your reservations now.





Rasa Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig