Sunday, September 25, 2016

Bacon Extravaganza at Ruth's Chris Steak House



When someone invites you to a 4-course-bacon-dinner with wine pairings, I honestly can't think of a reason to say no. Earlier this month, Alice (from @meetandeats) and I visited Ruth's Chris Steak House for their Bacon Extravaganza event with FWM wine pairings. I knew we were in for a treat, but I had no idea I would enjoy my night so much!


We started off with a cocktail in the bar area, which they gave us four options to choose from. I went with a bacon rimmed sazerac, and Alice went for a bacon infused old fashioned. Shorty after, we were ushered into their event space where we sat at a long table with the rest of the lucky attendees. We were presented with three hors d'oeuvres: bacon wrapped pineapples (yum), bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp (so juicy!), and thick cut bacon caprese skewers (double yum!).


With our bellies craving more, we were quickly presented with our first course: bacon mac & cheese. Paired with a sauvignon blanc from White Cliff, this was the perfect start to our meal. As the mac 'n cheese is so rich in flavour, the sauvignon blanc was a great pairing as the acidity helped balance the richness out. Did I sound like a pro at wine just there? Ha, I just typed up everything Penelope from FWM Canada said during the dinner - she's the connoisseur here, but I trusted her as she paired each wine with the courses.


Next up was a stuffed chicken breast with bacon, spinach, sundried tomatoes and bocconcini. I was a little skeptical since I was scared the chicken would be dry, but I was surprised to find it super tender and juicy! This chicken dish was paired with a glass of Torres Las Mulas cabernet sauvignon. Out of the wines presented at this dinner today, this was the only one that I've had before (and I had no idea that it was an organic wine - win win!).


Although the chicken was delicious, we are at a steak house after all so we had to have some of Ruth's Chris famous steak! Served on a 982 degrees Celcius plate, we heard the sizzling, buttery bacon-wrapped steak (a perfect medium rare) on a bacon peppercorn sauce and herbed rosti. This was paired with a glass of Henry of Palham's Old Vines Baco Noir. I've had the steak before, so it was no surprise that it was absolutely delicious. As for the baco noir, it was my first time even hearing that name but it will not be the last time I'll be drinking it!


To finish off our meal, we were presented with a chocolate torte and chocolate dipped bacon. Paired with a glass of Henry of Palham's Select Late Harvest Vidal, this was honestly the best ending to our meal. Although I was really stuffed from the rest of the delicious eats we got to eat, there is always room for dessert. The rich chocolate paired with the sweet wine left me on a high note from the dinner.


Safe to say, this won't be my last time at Ruth's Chris! So happy to have dined here and taken part of such a delicious meal, yet again. If you're looking to join in on something like this next time, join their loyalty program here. Not only will you be able to get money back each time you dine at a Ruth's Chris Steak House, you'll also get emails such as an invite to dinners you won't want to miss out (like this one). I hope to see you at the next!!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig