Saturday, September 10, 2016

Signs Restaurant



Looking for an unique dining experience in Toronto? Signs Restaurant offers you a one-of-a-kind experience, where you need to learn and use sign language to communicate to the staff working at the restaurant. Serving up a blend of Canadian and International food, you'll be able to find a number of delicious dishes to try.



Once seated, we were introduced to our server. He taught us how to say some simple things, such as 'hello', 'yes', 'no', and 'thank you'. When you open the menu, you will find that their menu here is definitely not your standard menu. In addition to listing out what you can order, they also have pictures to show you the sign language you should use to order what you want! It was fun for us to practice using sign language to order what we wanted to eat.




We started off with traditional escargot as an appetizer that was served with garlic bread. I haven't had escargot in quite a while (since I was in Paris a couple years back), so I enjoyed it! For our mains, my parents decided to go with the grilled veal chop with a demi glazed sauce served with mashed potato & seasonal vegetables. I had a couple bites of it, and it was so tender and juicy. I loved the mashed potatoes as well! My sister decided to go with a pasta and ordered the mushroom stuffed agnolotti in a walnuts parsley pesto cream sauce. This was also very good. The sauce was very rich though and I couldn't have too many pieces. For me, I ordered the gnocchi with jerk chicken with bacon, corn & roasted red pepper in spicy, spicy cream sauce. I completely underestimated how spicy the sauce would be (but I am also someone that cannot take anything spicy). The chicken was very tender, and I loved the corn with the pasta. It was way too spicy for me, but I also couldn't stop eating it! If you love spice, I would definitely recommend this dish.

As for dessert, we ended off our meal with a triple chocolate mousse cake and scoops of the mango sorbet. The mousse cake was a delicious, rich chocolate cake. The mango sorbet was on the other side of the spectrum and was very refreshing. Overall, this was definitely a very unique dining experience that I'd recommend you try out sometime if you're looking for something new to experience in Toronto!




Signs Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig