Thursday, November 17, 2016

New F/W Cocktail Menu at East Thirty Six


Great cocktails need to be paired with great bar snacks, don't you think? - Last week, I got to visit East Thirty Six for an exclusive tasting of their new fall / winter cocktail menu. East Thirty Six spot near the downtown core that focuses on craft cocktails and shareable dishes. As mentioned, I was here to taste out this new cocktail menu created by one of Toronto's top mixologists, Julien Salomone. Specifically, we got to sample 4 cocktails while nibbling on snacks from their food menu.

Here are the four cocktails that we got to taste:
• The St-Germain: Beefeater gin, st-germain elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, syrup, and cava
Apothecary: Hayman's london dry, Hayman's sloe gin, tonic syrup, lemon juice, rosemary tincture, and perrier
Nutcracker: Lot 40 rye, drambuie, house spiced rum, walnut bitters, and black cardamom
Night Capp: coffee vanilla infused bourbon, macadamia nut syrup, and espresso

In addition, we were able to share a couple of their dishes among each other. From the fries with crispy chicken skin to oysters to octopus to a charcuterie board and burrata. Everything was delicious, and all I wanted was more, more, more! Out of the four cocktails, I enjoyed The St-Germain and Night Capp the most. The St-Germain was very easy to drink although you could tell that it was quite a strong drink. It paired really well with the charcuterie board, burrata, and oysters. I also really enjoyed the octopus dish that was served with a smoked fingerling potato, tonnato, olives, and charred onions. I was advised that it paired the best with the Nutcracker, but I found the Nutcracker to be a little too strong for my liking and it would wash out the delicious taste of the octopus. The Night Capp was like a soothing way to end off my night. It was a warm drink and just smelled (and tasted) like a warm hug that I forgot it had alcohol in it, ha.




So if you are interested in craft cocktails and want to try some new ones, I would recommend stopping by East Thirty Six before you head home for a couple. Depending on what you order as your bar snack for you to nibble on, I am sure East Thirty Six will be able to make you a cocktail to pair it. Give it a try, and let me know which ones you enjoy the most!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig