Monday, December 26, 2016 / Prince Edward, ON, Canada

Drake Devonshire Inn • Prince Edward County



When I told people I was heading to Prince Edward County for a couple days, the one thing almost every single person recommended for me to do was to dine at Drake Devonshire. So I did, and I am pleased to say that I will also become one of those people who recommend visiting Drake Devonshire when in PEC.

It was day 2 of our trip. (To see what else I did, click here for my full travel guide!) After waking up to breakfast in bed at Angeline's Inn, we packed our bags and headed back towards the Wellington area to where Drake Devonshire Inn was located. Walking into this boutique hotel, we were greeted with a gorgeous little space overlooking the water. Talk about #VIEWS! We were situated at a table by the window and marveled over the decor and views. But we were pretty hungry, so we quickly decided what to order & got the below spread.


But First, VIEWS.

Before I talk about the food, let's talk about the interior of this little spot first. HOW beautiful is it?! Maybe it is because we had the restaurant all to ourselves or maybe because everything looked so crisp and clean. All I know is that I couldn't stop snapping pictures - but could you really blame me?



And Second, Cocktails.

With such a beautiful bar set up, it would be wrong not to order a cocktail! My dad and I, being gin-lovers, coincidentally got cocktails that both had gin. I ordered the Gin Gin Mule (beefeater gin, mint, lime, ginger beer) and he ordered the East India Trading Co. (beefeater gin, grapefruit cordial, all spice dram) - both fab choices!


Okay now, back to the Food.

Being the little fatties we are, I have to say we did good in choosing what to order (since we wanted to order the entire menu). They have a number of appetizers and share plates that you can order for the table, but they also have a pretty wide variety of items of mains for you to choose from as well - from salads to sandwiches, from half a chicken to perogies. For us, we decided to go with the following three mains:

Devonshire Burger - milk bun, bacon, cheddar, russion dressing, and pickles with a side of fries (or fancy fries, that are mixed in truffle butter and topped with pecorino)
Rotisserie Chicken - leeks, miatake mushrooms, crushed potatoes
Ontario Walleye - wild rice, red quinoa, kamut salad roasted beets, miso hollandaise



I am going to completely spoil this for you, but the Devonshire Burger was one of the best things I ate in 2016 (as stated here on The Daily Meal). The beef patty was so juicy and the flavors from the bacon and pickles mixed in with the cheddar & dressing made my tastebuds sing! The rotisserie chicken was recommended to us, and it also did not disappoint. The meat was very tender and flavourful! As for the walleye, it was seared to perfection. The flakey-ness of the fish did really well with the hollandaise sauce and quinoa were the perfect mixture of textures. We also ordered a side of their fried brussels sprouts that came with white anchovies. This was a tad too oily for my liking, but I loved how the outside was crunchy and inside was soft!



To end off our meal properly, we just haddd to order dessert - and a coffee, because I was literally going to fall asleep on their couch from being so happy and full. We decided to go with the Dark Cocao Brownie (white chocolate greek yogurt cremeux, chocolate soil, milk chocolate feuillettine, chocolate gelato, coffee olive oil, maldon) and the Apple Pie (slow roast cinnamon spiced apple pie, toasted almond crumble, bitter almond ice cream). Both were excellent choices - who could go wrong these two classic desserts?!


So happy that this was our last meal before we hit the roads to head back to Toronto. I had a happy tummy the whole way back home. Thanks for having us! I hope to be back to visit this yellow door again in the near future.


To read about the rest of my PEC trip, click here.
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig