Thursday, November 09, 2017 / Toronto, ON, Canada

Dining at Victor Restaurant


One of the most difficult decisions I have to make when thinking of where to go eat is what cuisine I feel like eating (lol, I know - #firstworldproblems). So I just love it when restaurants have a bit of everything on their menu, like Victor Restaurant. Next to the restaurant, there is also a cafe where you are able to pick up little pastries and coffee. 

Victor Restaurant is actually located in the Le Germain Hotel on Mercer Street, so it made sense that I order the Le  Germain cocktail ;) St. Germain elderflower liqueur and pearl cucumber vodka topped with frothy egg whites... It was the perfect thing to sip to start off my meal!


Before we got to the restaurant, I actually took a look at the menu online. There is literally any kind of food you could want - salad, raw seafood platters, mac & cheese, steak, fish, you name it. They also had vegan options too! And because of this variety, we were able to pick and choose exactly what we wanted to eat. Here is a list of what we ordered:

• Small Seafood Platter: 4 oysters, 2 crab claws, 2 shrimps, 2 scallops, & 1 lobster tail
• Pesto Crusted Halibut with Confit Tomatoes
• 8oz Beef Tenderloin
• Smoked Mac & Cheese

The seafood platter was to die for & I have to say that I was quite shellfish... I ate all the oysters and scallops & shared the lobster and crab legs with John fifty-fifty (aka I basically ate the whole platter lol oops). I ordered the halibut and J ordered the beef tenderloin, which was perfect since I wanted both hehe. We debated ordering the side of mac & cheese and am so glad we did. I devoured that side dish, and feel like I'd be back just to eat the mac & cheese haha. 

Overall, the food was great and the service was very attentive. I also found that the crowd dining at Victor was a great mix. There were hotel guests, people going on dates (haha like me), fancy group dinners, casual family dinners, etc. What I also really liked about Victor was how aesthetically pleasing the space was. I mean, look at the plush booths and the tiles of the cafe?! I can definitely see myself hanging out at the cafe and take pictures with the tiles haha. Safe to say I'll be back soon!


Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig