Friday, August 31, 2018 / Toronto, ON, Canada

Why You Should Stay at Hotel X, A Luxury Hotel in Toronto

Ever wanted to just escape the hustle & bustle of the Toronto city and just stay at a luxurious resort... But still be in the city? X marks the spot at Hotel X Toronto.



Toronto’s newest, and only luxury hotel is now open on the Lake Ontario Waterfront & it welcomes you with open arms. I recently got the opportunity to stay here for a couple days with 3 of my favourite ladies, Krystle, Solmaz, and Soheila, and it was the perfect staycation. Hotel X is owned and operated by the Library Hotel Collection (LHC), which is a luxury boutique hotel brand known for operating some of the best hotels in the world, including the Aria Hotel in Budapest (#1!!). So you best believe LHC knows what they're doing with Hotel X. Besides being a luxury hotel, Hotel X has everything - and when I mean everything, I mean...
literally
EVERYTHING

 

In addition to the 404 guest rooms, it is also home to:
• Ten X Toronto, a 4-story luxury sports club with state of the art facilities that include anything you can dream of for a gym, & a stunning rooftop pool;
• the Kandy Gallery, an art gallery where photographer Neil Dankoff was commissioned to go around the world for 3 years taking pictures to display at Hotel X;
• two movie theatres, a Nespresso café, club lounge, two libraries;
• chauffeur services to Union Station, Financial District, or YTZ;
• an all-day restaurant and room service;
• a text concierge, who you can literally text any time of day with any questions or requests you may have; and,
• history ("With Hotel X Toronto now standing on the historic ground, New Fort York, many of the ruins of the Stanley Barracks have been restored to reflect their impressive history in Toronto, with the greater Stanley Square and Gardens revitalised to serve the community as a beautiful outdoor space and recreational area.").

 


How dreamy is that 2nd last picture?! I wish I could wake up like that every single day! Above are a couple of my favourite photos from our little staycation. It may or may not look like all we did was eat and drink in robes... But that's okay, because it may or may not be true! Haha.

Okay now, let me show you my two favourite parts of Hotel X, my room, & the rooftop pool, which are enough reasons as to why you have to stay at Hotel X Toronto.


We were fortunate to stay in a one-bedroom corner suite, facing east. It couldn’t have been more beautiful. In the morning, we got a view of the sun rising up behind the CN Tower and the rest of the Toronto skyline. I mean, just LOOK at this beautiful view?! How could I possible keep my blinds closed and sleep in?

Besides the view, the room itself was stylish with ample space. In the living room, there was a lounge area, desk space, a full closet, and a half bath. Turning into the bedroom, you’re greeted with a king-sized bed looking out to the view I mentioned earlier through two full walls of floor-to-ceiling windows. The full bathroom had a full shower, bathtub, and quality L'Occitane products.

 

In addition to a beautiful room, you are guaranteed the best service. I know I keep saying Hotel X has everything, but they also think of everything too. In the evening when they turn down your room, they close all your blinds (which is actually so helpful because there are SO many windows haha) and set up a station at your bedside with slippers! I've only been to a couple hotels that do that, and I absolutely love that little touch. But the one thing that blew me away was in the morning when I went to go make my coffee. Where the cups are placed under the coffee machine, they are warm!! Like, WHAT?! So thoughtful.

And although I could enjoy my coffee in bed, believe it or not, there's an even better spot for your morning coffee:

Hotel X's Rooftop

 

From sunrise to sunset, my favourite spot at Hotel X was "The Pond", aka their 3-level rooftop pool. Falcon Skybar, the main bar on the rooftop, makes my favourite cocktail at Hotel X - the Falcon Goddess. If you go, make sure you try this refreshing drink!! There is also The Nest and The Perch, both which serve drinks and little bites (including sliders, calamari, salad, to name a few). But my favourite part of the rooftop is hanging out by the pool, obviously. Unfortunately, the pool is only accessible if you're a guest but all dining areas are open to public.

And that's a wrap. We clearly had way too much fun here during our stay, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It felt like I was on a resort, because the property is so large and there are always so many things to do (especially if you're into fitness)! Hotel X was the perfect spot for a getaway out of the city to relax, but still be within arm's reach. A huge thank you to Hotel X for hosting us! xo

Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig