Monday, February 08, 2016

AALTO Bistro • Iceland


Located inside the Nordic House in Reykjavík, AALTO Bistro is a beautiful spot situated next to the Vatnsmýrin moorland to have our first meal in Iceland.



AALTO Bistro is run by Sveinn Kjartansson, a well-known chef in Iceland, which serves Scandinavian cuisine with a mix of Mediterranean.





What a lovely view of downtown Reykjavík


Since it was technically 8am in Toronto when we sat down at AALTO for lunch, I had to order a latte to start my meal. After all, I need my coffee fix no matter where I am in the world!


As for food, I ordered their fish-of-the-day dish, which was speckled cod with a sweet potato mash and a salad on the side. It was unbelievably delicious!! The cod was so flakey and the mash was so good. I'm so happy I got this dish!


V ordered the broccoli quiche and it came with a side of salad. I enjoyed this dish! A good breakfast option as opposed to my fresh fish dish.


For dessert, I ordered this chocolate flourless cake, which was basically like a chocolate fudge brownie with berry sauce. I lovedddd it. The chocolate was so rich but the fruits made it refreshing to eat. There are also a number of other desserts available as shown in the photo below.


Besides this table, they also had a little fridge on the side with other desserts such as cheesecake and tarts, like the one that V ordered.


V decided to go with the chocolate caramel tart. I'm not a huge fan of caramel but she enjoyed this very much.


Overall, we both had a great first meal at AALTO Bistro. We enjoyed the food and the service was superb. We went at 1pm but at around 3pm, that was when it got super busy. We noticed that a lot of people came here for tea time, which was nice! AALTO is open for lunch, tea time, and dinner. If you're looking for a peaceful spot right outside the downtown core of Reykjavík, go visit AALTO. I am sure you will have a great time.

*This meal was complimentary, however, please note that all my opinions made are my own.*

- - -
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig