Monday, August 22, 2016

Paese Ristorante • Summerlicious


I got the opportunity to visit Paese last month, and with food lookin' this good, who could say no?

Paese Ristorante (@paeseristorante) opened over 25 yeras ago and has stayed true to its origin of handcrafted and housemade Italian-inspired Canadian cuisine. Little did I know I was in for a treat! As it was summerlicious at the time of my visit, I was able to order off a set menu.

To start, we had the Grilled Sardine (Shaved fennel, citrus) and the 21 Ingredient Calabrese Slaw (that had 20 ingredients too much to list them all down). The grilled sardine really caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting to get the entire sardine, and for it to be so good! The slaw was recommended to me by a friend, and I have to say that it was also really good. It really reminded me of Susur Lee's Singapore Slaw. So many different textures - yum.

For our mains, we decided to go with the Veal Scaloppini al Limone and the Arctic Char with a summer berry salsa, beet greens & fregola. We also got a chance to try out the Grilled Shrimp Linguini with roasted pepperoncini and garlic in a tomato arrabiata sauce (this dish is off their regular menu). The arctic char was absolutely delicious. Each little bite was so good, especially with the greens that it was sitting on. The veal was also very good - tender and juicy. The linguini was the surprise of the table! Soooo spicy, but I loved the kick to it.

For dessert, we decided to go with the Caramelized Lemon Tart with a blackberry coulis, and the Italian Fruit Tart. The two tarts ended off our meal on a very sweet note. Overall, our experience at Paese was fantastic. The servers were very attentive, and we enjoyed all the dishes that we ordered. Although this restaurant is out of my 'zone' that I'm normally in, I would say that it is definitely a gem in the city that you should visit.





Paese Ristorante Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

*This meal was complimentary, however, please note that all my opinions made are my own.*
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig