Thursday, December 03, 2015

Windsor Arms Hotel Brunch



Is there anything better than going for brunch on a lovely Sunday afternoon?
(The answer is no.)

Although this past Sunday was a very sunny and beautiful day, which should usually be enough motivation to get me out of bed, my motivation this week was to go for brunch at the Windsor Arms Hotel. I haven't been for brunch before, but I have heard a lot about their high tea.



Windsor Arms Hotel is located in the Yorkville area at Bay and Bloor. When you walk into this 4-star boutique hotel, you are greeted by this lovely chandelier in the lobby. I like how it has a comfortable, yet luxurious kind of atmosphere.


We were quickly greeted by the hostess who seated us at the table near the centre back of the courtyard where the buffet was held.


A pretty good view of the courtyard - I loved the high ceilings and natural lighting.


We were then greeted by our server with a bottle of champagne and orange juice in hand - yesssss, that's what I'm talking about!!! You can also order coffee, tea, water, etc. But why drink that when you can have champagne?!
With a sip of our mimosas, we were ready to check out the buffet.


Three walls lined up with trays of food... Yup this is going to be a great brunch indeed.


You go from left to right, as it takes you through the bread (missed a picture of it since I personally don't really eat bread, but they had a really large selection of bread, scones, danishes, croissants, etc.), cold cuts, salads, SEAFOOD...


Like this delicious plate of smoked salmon,


And cooked salmon (so good),


A huge bowl of fresh shrimp, and


Crab legs!! We had trouble figuring out how to get the meat out but good thing D was there with me :D hehe

Besides the hot food items they had, which I also wasn't able to take a picture of because they all had only a couple pieces/small portion left in the heated container (not picture worthy :( !). 


We gravitated towards the meat stations, as they also had a meat carving station, where they were serving prime rib and lamb chops. I obviously had a serving of both, where D only got the prime rib.


It was a little on the cold side but still really good!


Lol my plate looks super scarce but that's because I don't like my food touching each other, unlike D..


A huge mishmash of goodness! (I cannot eat like this...lmao)


The servers were really good about refilling our glasses with mimosas - woot!


You can also order three different eggs benedict from your server.


This is their spinach one...


The classic eggs benny with ham, and


The one that I loved the most, their smoked salmon eggs benny. So much goodnesses!


What a great view of the courtyard as I was on the way to the washroom!


After we filled up on all the food, we headed to the dessert table. I have been eyeing it since the very beginning as it placed right in the centre of the entire buffet area. They had a bit of everything! Little tarts, mousse, chocolate, fruit, cakes, you name it!



Overall, D and I enjoyed our time here. It was a very relaxing atmosphere and we accidentally ended up spending over 3 hours sitting, eating, and drinking lol! Oops. The food that was available was good, but I have seen other food posts from their brunch experience, and they had a much wider selection of food. We did enjoy what was available though. At the end, we were both stuffed but I wish I had enough stomach capacity to eat more desserts! I highly recommend eating the seafood and having something from the meat carving section. The eggs benny was good, but too filling if you want to also indulge on the desserts. Either way, be sure to bring a huge appetite when you visit Windsor Arms for brunch!


While we were sitting there, I saw them bring out the high tea tiers - ah, I need to come back for high tea!! But until then, I will keep thinking about my brunch experience here *insert satisfied emoji* :)

Courtyard Cafe - Windsor Arms Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

*This was a complimentary meal; however, please note that all my opinions made are my own.*
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig