Saturday, August 16, 2014 / 188 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5T 1A1, Canada

Bosk

Although I am a control freak and have the need to plan everything, I let V choose the restaurant for our summerlicious dinner without telling me and with no surprise, she chose one I had always wanted to try.


Bosk is located on the ground floor of the Shangri-La Hotel overlooking one of the busiest streets in the Entertainment District. I've never been inside the Shangri-La before and was blown away by the decor. Now I wish I didn't turn down previous invitations to come here for a glass of wine after work!



Seated at the back of the restaurant, we had a mini window view.


I loved how the menu matched the wall decor!


Seared Albacore Tunarice noodle / jicama / peanut / kaffir lime dressing

Soy Glazed Pork Belly | crispy rice / sweet corn / daikon / seaweed / miso broth

Roasted Flat Iron Steak | polenta fritter / herb garlic puree / roasted carrot / red wine jus

Dark Chocolate Mousse | chocolate soil / coffee granite / condensed milk syrup

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit. The service was great, and the food was delicious! As I'm not a tuna kinda gal, the only way I'll eat tuna is if it is seared. So I enjoyed the appetizer and actually liked the rice noodles with the sprinkle of crushed peanuts (I thought it would be weird, but it was good). The pork belly as my main was very juicy and fatty, just how it should be! However, the dessert was a tad too sweet for me so I couldn't finish it, but the few bites I did have was very rich and delicious.

Although I was half-sleeping due to my jet lag from being in Asia, I really enjoyed my meal. For a fine dining restaurant in a beautiful hotel, it's no surprise that Bosk was one of the top tier restaurants on the Summerlicious list. Priced at $45 for dinner, I would say that it was worth it since a normal three-course meal for two would start around $200 on a regular night.


Bosk on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig