Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Commodore


Brunch with booze is just a late lunch. And there is nothing I agree with more. But honestly, I wouldn't mind just having a super late lunch at The Commodore because their food is just unbelievable. If you know me, you will know that I eat very slow. I eat so slow that I typically have to microwave my food (when I'm at home) while I eat because the food is ice cold before I'm done eating LOL no joke. But at The Commodore? I don't think I've ever inhaled food as quickly as I did. It was a little scary, tbh.


Located in way west on Queen Street, we ventured over to that side of town on a lovely autumn day. Having only been open for 6 months, I made it a mission to visit because I saw so many photos on Instagram (the power of social media, guys)! We sat in the little nook at the front of the restaurant next to the big windows.


We start off with coffees, because coffee first - always - even if we were getting cocktails!


And here is our lovely brunch spread, with our cocktails below.


Our brunch spread was almost too good to eat (and drink)! Almost...


In terms of what we ordered, here is what we decided on:

Reuben Eggs Benedict ($16) - Russian style hollandaise, smoked pastrami, sauerkraut, gruyere cheese, poached eggs, english muffin

Octopus Frittata ($15) - caramelized onions, romesco sauce, spicy chorizo

Truffled Scrambled Eggs & Prosciutto ($15) - On a housemade crumpet, crème fraîche


But of course, photos first! To be honest, if I had known the food here was going to be that good, I probably would not have taken my time in taking photos.


My favourite dish out of the three has to be the octopus frittata. It was hard to choose because everything was so good, but it was also an easy decision because this was that good. I absolutely loved the frittata with spicy chorizo and the texture of the thin slices of octopus on the top. I've never had a dish like this before! I am drooling just thinking about it. The truffled scrambled eggs topped with proscuitto was so good. The eggs were so fluffy and creamy, and I just love anything with truffle. I don't think I've ever had truffle scrambled eggs, now that I think about it. I might just start adding a little truffle oil when I make my eggs in the morning! :O


Whenever I go for brunch, I always gravitate towards ordering the eggs benny. Why? I don't know. I just feel like it is the perfect brunch dish to have. This was no exception. On smoked pastrami, the poached eggs sat on an english muffin with cheese and hollandaise sauce poured over it. Such a delicious combo!


Besides delicious food, The Commodore is very aesthetically pleasing. Look at these little booths, and the gorgeous bar (photo above)! If I could sit here all day and eat, I totally would.

It's not hype, guys. This place is actually as good as it looks. Trust social media, like I did, and visit The Commodore for brunch soon. I know I will be back, and I hope to also come back to try their dinner service soon!



Happy brunchin'! Xx
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig