Tuesday, September 24, 2019 / Vancouver, BC, Canada

5 Bites of Vancouver, B.C.

Visiting Vancouver for the first time obviously meant that I had to explore the city with my stomach! I've heard a lot of amazing things about the scenery (and it was truly stunning), but not too much about the food. So don't worry - I did the hard work for you guys and put together 5 of my favourite bites I took in Vancouver!

- - -

Pasta - Indulge in an Italian Affair
My ultimate fave food of all time... Italian. Small spots with handmade pasta and a limited menu is something I dieeee for. I mean, I still love places on the other end of the spectrum like Olive Garden but please visit Ask for Luigi. They have about 4-5 dishes on their ever-rotating menu, with 1 to 2 specials each day. From 20 minutes before opening, they always have a line up out the door. We arrived 10 minutes before it opened and was lucky to be included in the first seating. I got my hands on the pappardelle of my dreeeams. I mean, watch it in action!

Price Point: ~$100 CAD for two people


Sushi - Omakase at Sushi Bar Maumi
Second on this list has to be my second fave food - sushi. You'll notice that seafood is a huge trend in this blog post, and it comes to no surprise that it also includes sushi. I believe it's because Vancouver located close enough to Japan for daily shipments of fresh fish! We were lucky and got a reservation at Sushi Bar Maumi on a Friday evening, and am so happy we did.

See below for a video recap of our experience at Sushi Bar Maumi.

Price Point: $75 CAD per person



Brunch at Commercial Drive
On our last day, we ventured off to the east end of the city to Commercial Drive. It really reminded us of the Ossington area in Toronto or the Carlton area in Melbourne! A lot of little shops and little restaurants line up the streets for a couple blocks - and we lucked out and popped into a cute Cuban brunch spot, Havana Vancouver, that had $5 caesars & the friggen' best brunch salad ever, ha! Happiest as can be.

Price Point: ~$30 per person, depending on how many drinks you have ;)


Let's Taco 'Bout Snack Time
I have never been more amazed at a taco than I was when I ate at Tacofina. The ingredients worked perfectly together, and I'd highly recommend the fish taco (pacific cod, salsa, chipotle mayo) and steak taco (wagyu steak, pickled chayote and pineapple). These may sound basic, but they were absolutely delicious. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Price Point: ~$25 per person, not including any margaritas you may have!


Dinner at Market by Jean-George
Saving the best for last... John and I have a vacation tradition to go to a fancy steakhouse or fine dining restaurant at least once per trip. Lucky for us, the best meal we had was located in our hotel. Having dinner at Market by Jean-George at the Shangri-La was hands down one of our best meals yet! Everything we ordered was delicious, and the presentation is everything too. My favourite cocktail was the Butterfly Effect cocktail. Due to the PH level of the alcohol, when it comes in contact with citris, it turns colour from blue to purple! How fun! Also, one thing you HAVE to order is their Steamed Shrimp Salad, with juicy shrimps, avocado, and the most amazing, life-changing soy truffle vinaigrette. This made it on my list of top 3 salads I've ever had!

Price Point: ~$100 per person


Enjoy!

- - -
Related Blog Posts:
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig