Wednesday, September 10, 2014 / 181 Bay Street, Brookfield Place, Toronto, ON M5J 2T3, Canada

Ki Modern Japanese + Bar


I started to work downtown almost 2 years ago, and Ki was one of the first restaurants I went to.
This 2nd visit was long overdue. Being located at the corner of Bay and Wellington, it's weird that I never stepped foot into this lovely restaurant again, but am happy I did.

Here is what was ordered:

Shrimp + Scallops Kushiyaki brushed with mango hot sauce

Grilled Canadian AAA Flat Iron Steak served with a garlic ponzu sauce

Sweet Potato Wedges with wasabi mayo

Dynamite Maikimono, which is a maki roll with tempura shrimp, mayo, tobiko + cucumber

Saikyo-marinated Black Cod with rapini, salmon roe + orange reduction

Garlic fried rice


Although dishes are meant to be shared here at Ki, we each ordered our own plates. I was happy about that since my cod and garlic fried rice was absolutely delicious. I love ordering cod at restaurants as I know I would never be able to make it taste as good at home, however I've never had cod cooked in an Japanese/Asian style before (glad I tried it).

Overall, I really like Ki. I work close by so it's a great place to come after work for drinks and a little sushi snack. The service is just a little slow, which I thought was fine since it is a great place to just sit and chat.

Ki Restaurant and Lounge on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig