Sunday, July 17, 2016

Thoroughbred Food & Drink • Summerlicious

Photo by Krystle from DineandFash.com

With a spread like this, who could resist? I know I couldn't. With one hand anxiously waiting to eat their famous kung pao cauliflower and one hand on one of their thoughtfully created cocktails, I was ready to feast.

Thoroughbred Food & Drink (@_thorough_) is a one-stop shop for delicious eats and drinks, and is conveniently located steps away from the Entertainment District. Looking for a casual spot to dine and catch up, Krystle (@dineandfash) and I headed to Thoroughbred for dinner.



My favourite thing to do after a long day of work is to relax with a drink (ha, spoken like a true 'alcoholic'). Wanting something stronger today, I ordered The 6ix God - Bowmore Whiskey, Johnnie Walker, Amaretto, Fernet, and bacon fat with a slice of bacon. K ordered a Cinnamon Girl, which was a non-alcoholic drink made with grapefruit, pineapple, cinnamon and szechuan.

After a very short deliberation of what to order off the summerlicious menu (because everything on the menu sounded amaze), we ordered the rest of our meal. To start, we chose to have the Buffalo Mozzarella salad, with Ontario Asparagus, Zucchini, and Sunflower seeds. I loved this - the salad dressing coating the greens went really well with the mozzarella, and how can you not love cheese? For our second starter, it was no doubt that we would order our favourite dish: the Kung Pao Cauliflower. I honestly could eat this every day. It may look like chicken, but do not be fooled! Topped with cashew, cilantor, and chili, these pieces of cauliflower really do pack in a mean punch of flavour. If there is 1 thing you have to order here, it's this! I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying this is the best I've had.


For our mains, we decided to go with the best of both worlds - the 15 Hour Lamb Shoulder and the Branzino. The lamb shoulder was a special dish that was only available during summerlicious, so I was instantly drawn to it (I'm a sucker for 'limited edition' things). After basically scraping the plate, I really hope Thoroughbred decides to add this to their main menu. On an amazing poblano polenta puree, the lamb shoulder was so unbelievably tender and full of flavour. The broccoli and corn also added texture to this dish. As for the Branzino, a generous filet was served on a bed of Ontario garden peas, fennel tabbouleh, and grape tomatoes. The pieces of fish flaked off easily, and tasted so good with the rest of the greens in the dish.



Do you remember eating pop rocks back when you were young? Putting a couple lil rocks in your mouth and listening to them pop away? One of the featured desserts on Thoroughbred's summerlicious menu was the rhubarb float with strawberry ice cream was topped with pop rocks! K had so much fun drinking the ice cream float and listening to the pop rocks pop around haha. All I want is a pack of pop rocks now! But if that dessert wasn't intriguing enough for you (*eye roll* c'mon, really?), another sweet ending to your meal could be a baked to order chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream and a salted caramel drizzle. True to it's menu description, the cookie was so hot and fresh that the ice cream melted basically immediately.

Besides lunch and dinner service, Thoroughbred also has a brunch from 11am to 2pm on Sundays that I have yet to try! Want to know what's on their brunch menu? Read Krystle's review on their brunch. Just because I've been to Thoroughbred doesn't mean I wouldn't go again. So if you're thinking about giving them a visit, let me know cause I am 100% down to come with - just a FYI ;)


Thoroughbred Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

*This meal was complimentary, however, please note that all my opinions made are my own.*
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig