Sunday, January 01, 2017

3 Ways to Grow Your Instagram

With 2016 coming to an end & as we welcome 2017 with open arms, I found myself randomly thinking about how my blog got to where it is right now. As per my archives, I've been blogging since 2013. Some would say that is quite a long time - although I agree, time passes by while you're having fun, amiright?!

I don't think I've ever really talked about this before, but I started Sincerely, KN as a personal journal to record my thoughts and write about what I did on a daily basis. Why? Because I have a horrible memory and I needed a way to force myself to take photos to remember things haha no joke. Often times, I surprise myself with what I've done (or, mainly ate since that's all I do) when reading back on old posts.


Fast forward to summer 2015 when I stepped out of my comfort zone and attended my first media event at Barque Butcher Bar. Oh how things have changed since then!! I have this odd sense of confidence now and have grown so much as a person (lol this sounds so cliche to say). I've also met some of the coolest people through Instagram and am so glad to be able to have this as my little side gig and creative outlet with the support from all of you - thanks guiseeee!

With that all said though, I've been asked by a lot of people how my Instagram got to where it's at today. So I thought I'd share with you three things I've learned about growing your Instagram over the past year.

1. Consistency

Consistency is key. I'm sure you've heard of that saying before, but it is very applicable when it comes to your online presence on Instagram. I didn't really think about it, but everyone is unique and we all do what we do best. It's very important to stay true to who you are when producing content. I.e. For me, my biggest passions are food & travel. If you take a look at my account, I am sure you will see that immediately!


2. Relatable

A comment I get a lot is that they love reading my posts because I write exactly like how I talk. I don't omit any 'LOL's and 'hehe's, and if you know me, you will know that I say those things a lot in real life. Companies have actually worked with me because of how my personality shines through my writing. Through that, I've realized that it is very important to be relatable & let them relate to you. People follow you because they like your content and the person behind that content. When they are able to relate to you (be it through a personal caption or a witty comment), people are more likely to stay. And guys, what better way to relate to people than through food?! Haha.


3. Engagement

The third way to grow your brand goes goes hand in hand with point #2. Build a relationship with your audience. Showing people that you aren't just an Instagram account is important. After all, you are just another human being taking photos and sharing them with the internet! Like, comment, and engage in conversations to grow a personal connection with your followers. Talk about things you like, and that in turn will help you grow an audience that also shares the same interests as you do.


And there you have it! It is rather simple, so don't sweat it ;) don't forget to have fun with your account as well! Thanks again for such an awesome year, and I wish you all the best in 2017! Cheers!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig