Monday, February 12, 2018

Meal Prep Mondays: Sausage Broccoli Spaghettini


One of my favourite pasta orders when I go out is the classic orecchiette with broccoli rabe & sausage. I've always loved the particular shape of the orecchiette, but I decided to make my own version of it at home with spaghettini (a thinner version of spaghetti).



I've always had the notion that this dish was complex and difficult to make, but I was defs mistaken. The ingredients you need for this dish is so simple, you'll most likely have at least half of it at home already! I.e. I just had to go out to purchase the sausage and broccoli. It was so much fun to make, and it definitely won't be the last. Follow along for a photo demonstration along with the recipe!

- - -

1. Mince the onion and cut your broccoli crown into the smallest of small bits.


2. Take the sausage out of its casing, by slicing it and peeling the casing back. I purchased the mild sausage since I can't do a lot of spicy. But if you're a fan of the heat, definitely go for the hot sausage!


3. Once the oil is heated on your pan, add in the onions and brown them for a couple minutes. Once fragrant, add in the sausage and immediately break it up into bits. Depending on what you prefer, you can make them into small bits or leave them into bigger chucks.


4. Stir in some minced garlic and top it off with the broccoli you cut up earlier. Stir, stir, stir.


5. Make your pasta, while cooking the rest of your ingredients.


6. Once your sausage has browned and your pasta is al dente, retrieve your spaghettini and place it directly into the pan. Do not bother rinsing it, as you'll want the spaghettini to be hot!


7. Mix in butter immediately and incorporate it into the rest of your ingredients in the pan. Your kitchen should be smelling AMAZING right about now.


8. Add crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to your liking.


9. Scoop your spaghettini into bowls, and pour yourself a glass of wine. You deserve it!


Enjoy!

- - -

Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig