Monday, January 15, 2018

Meal Prep Mondays: 20 Minute Shrimp Zucchini Noodles


Introducing... Meal Prep Mondays - a new series to the blog of quick, simple recipes.

In this day and age, it's getting harder to find time in our days to do the things that we want and need to do. The biggest challenge for me has to do with cooking lol. Eating isn't the problem (obvs), but it's the thought of spending time to cook and then clean that leaves me very unmotivated.


What's weird about me is that I actually love watching cooking videos and looking up recipes for dishes that I'd want to eat. My 'recipes' bookmark folder is full of all these delicious step-by-step videos and instructions, but they either take too much time or they are too intricate for my cooking skill level.

Disclaimer: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being Gordon Ramsay), my cooking skill level is at a 1.5.

So instead of cooking all these cool, amazing recipes I bookmark, I always end up cooking a simplified version of them instead. I can't be the only one that faces this challenge, so I decided to document my little recipes and share them here with you all!

The goal of these 'Meal Prep Monday' recipes is for it to take the least amount of time possible (because time is of the essence here) and use the least amount of equipment as possible (so cleaning doesn't take forever as well) hehe. Yes, these recipes might sound way too easy or simple, but that's the point. These are quick, easy, simple recipes!

ANYWAYS, below is my first recipe - a simple 20 minute shrimp dish with zucchini noodles! Enjoy! :)

- - -

20 Minute Shrimp Zucchini Noodles  2 Zucchini 6 Shrimps (cooked) A pinch of Chili Flakes 2 cloves of Garlic 1 tbsp Butter Instructions  1. Slice your zucchini into thin, noodle-like form. If you have a spiralizer, use that!2. Boil a pot of water, and add a pinch of salt.3. Once boiling, add your zucchini noodles into the pot & cook for 1-2 minutes.4. Drain the zucchini, and quickly rinse it in cold water to prevent it from continuing to cook.5. Heat your pan over medium heat, and add a tablespoon of butter. 6. Once melted, add in your zucchini noodles, garlic, and shrimp. Add pepper and chili flakes of your liking.And, you're done!!  Details  Prep time: 12 mins Cook time: 8 mins Total time: 20 mins Yield: 1 Serving

- - -

Next Meal Prep Monday: January 29, 2017
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig