Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Host A Cookie Exchange Party, with President's Choice®

Ain't no party like a cookie party! 🍪🎈


Guys, can you believe it's mid-November already?! Although people typically mourn over the end of summer/autumn, this is actually one of my favourite times of the year. The gorgeous autumn colours (remember my trip to Muskoka I posted about?!) + the ramp up towards the holidays makes my heart happy. I always try to emphasize spending time with family and friends during this time of year & one of the best ways to do that IMO is to host a party!

The smell of cookies baking in the oven has got to be one of my favourite smells, but I'm a princess when it comes to cookies. I like variety, so when President's Choice® asked if I wanted to host a cookie exchange party, I was all in. The rules were simple: everyone bakes a dozen cookies. You meet up to share your cookies with everyone else & eat 'em all together! I can't think of a better excuse to noms on some cookies haha, can you? ;)

I am totally one of those people who start playing Christmas music on November 1st (hello John Legend and Michael Bublé), so I decided to go festive and make chocolate dipped shortbread cookies with a peppermint sprinkle! Hack #1: Use bakery products from the PC® Insider's Collection for Holiday. They have everything you could possibly need, and it makes life so much easier. You spend less time prepping and more time enjoying with your loved ones! Here, I used the PC® Textured Cookies Sheets to make shortbread cookies, PC® The Decadent Chocolate Chips, the PC® Crunchy Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, and crushed candy canes.

 

Since this still takes some time, I obviously would never keep my guests hungry and waiting! Which leads me to Hack #2: Keep your guests satisfied with delicious appetizers that you can easily pop in the oven. There are a number of different apps to choose from in the PC® Insiders Collection for Holiday line, including the Bang Bang shrimp & the Squash, Kale & Beet Flatbread from the Holiday collection. I went with the PC® Bang Bang Shrimps and they were a huge hit! All I had to do was take them out of the packaging, place them on a baking sheet, and pop them in the oven. So quick & easy, and it took me literally no time at all. (Side story: after I made these delicious Bang Bang Shrimps for this party, John asked if we could always get PC® appetizers for our weekly homemade date nights LOL).

Or, if you're all for the sweets, there's also the PC® Meringata which is basically a meringue cake with cream and chocolate chips *drools*. ORRRRR, Hack #3: You can also grab a box of the PC® Assorted Biscuit Cookies that have 13 different kinds of cookies in it (approx 111 cookies)! I don't think this would count as part of the cookie exchange though, as that'd be 'cheating' ;) 


For Viv's cookies, she decided to make a basic chocolate chip cookie with a lil twist. She cut up bits of a PC® Toasted Coconut Milk Chocolate Bar, mixed them into her cookie dough, and added a couple chocolate chips. John went with classic white chocolate macadamia cookies, and voila!


All the cookies were in place, and we're ready to exchange and enjoy!


Although Viv was a little shy in the photos (only allowing me to post photos of her beaut hands), we all had a lot of fun at this impromptu cookie exchange party. I’m saying impromptu because it literally only took me 2 days to plan this! I cannot emphasize how easy it was for me to pull this whole thing together. Everyone just needs to spend about 30 minutes in the kitchen baking, you all enjoy a couple appetizers, eat the cookies, and you'll have the rest of the time to spend with each other. I’ve always thought hosting a party is time consuming and that I’d never be able to pull it off, but here I am and it’s all thanks to President’s Choice®. Happy to say this won’t be the last time I’m going to host one of these this year during the holiday season! What’s stopping you from doing the same?! 

Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig