Tuesday, November 13, 2018 / Muskoka District Municipality, ON, Canada

Exploring Our Own Backyard, with Ford Canada


*beep beep* Get in, we're going on a road trip!

This past weekend, John and I decided to have a one-night stand & take a mini road trip up to Muskoka. We've both never been, or are we honestly 'cottage/camping' people, but with the new 2018 Ford EcoSport, we decided to go on an adventure up north together.

Our main focus of this trip was to (1) relax and unwind from the past couple of crazy busy months, and (2) learn to explore our own backyard! When's the last time you decided to spend a weekend just 2 hours away from home? When's the last time you decided to forfeit exploring your own country to go explore somewhere further, like the United States or Europe? That is definitely me, and I know I'm not alone in that.

I will be completely honest with you - I am more of an airplane girl. I like flying places versus sitting in a car. But road trips don't always have to mean 10 hours in the car with a multitude of snacks (ok, having a lot of snacks is never not okay) and being uncomfortable. If you have the right vehicle, road trips can be so much fun! The trunk fit all of our belongings perfectly (while also helping us keep certain belongings safe in another compartment) due to the adjustable cargo shelf in the trunk. We were also able to maneuver it so that we could be comfy during our little pit stop for pizza to take in our beautiful surroundings that much easier!




We also loved the easy-to-use, voice activated, touch screen for navigation and connecting our Spotify up to the car. A feature I loved and wish I could have showed you through a photo was the "mood lighting" in the car LOL. When it gets dark outside, besides the screen adjusting to the light, there are outlines all around the car (on the floor, cup holders, seat) in a glowy-like light - such a cool feature!

But my personal favourite feature was the keyless entry and how I never had to actually take the key out of my purse when we got in and out of the car! Touching the door handle to lock/unlock the car + press to start engine button is the best invention for people with a million things in their bag (hello, das me)!!



We drove through very scenic routes (a very smooth ride, might I add) & before we knew it, we arrived at our destination.

One of the first thoughts that came to my head when I started planning my trip to Muskoka was that I had to stay at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka. I have heard way too many good things about this place to give up my chance of finally being able to experience it for myself!

 

Upon checking in, we immediately went to do what we thought was the best way to unwind... EAT. Haha, we indulged ourselves in an amazing dinner at Muskoka Chophouse. The steak was to die for (honestly the best piece of steak I've had and it was seasoned perfectly), and our three sides were just perfect. It was the best way to start off our stay at JW Muskoka.

We were also surprised with an upgrade to a one-bedroom suite! We had so much space - I loved that we had a little lounge area with a fireplace, a walk out balcony to the lake, and a fully stocked kitchen! Although we honestly would have stayed here all night, we ventured off to the pool area and decided to spend the rest of our evening in the hot tub. Honestly, the most relaxing night I've had in ages. And when we woke up the following day, we made coffee in our kitchen, walked out to the lake, and enjoyed our morning there. To say it was amazing would be an understatement.

 

What a fantastic weekend getaway. There is so much to explore in your own backyard and I'm so happy I started it with a trip to Muskoka. This trip has changed my perspective, in terms of how much I'm missing out when I don't take these scenic road trips. Also, having a great car is definitely a huge plus. I can't wait to plan another road trip - hopefully soon. Thanks to Ford Canada & JW Muskoka for the amazing weekend!


Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig