Saturday, June 04, 2016

Sushirrito • San Francisco


What happens when you want a gigantic version of a sushi roll? You make a giant sushi roll like you'd make a burrito, and turn it into a food phenomenon.

An up and coming trend has been a hybrid between a sushi roll and a burrito ("sushi-burrito"). Toronto just got a sushi-burrito food truck and everyone has been going crazy over it, which is leading to crazy lines and inflated prices.

Luckily, I was headed to San Francisco for a couple days in May where the original sushi-burrito idea was originally from. With four locations, it was easy for me to fit this food adventure into my plans while in SF.

Walking along Market Street, I stopped by Sushirrito's SOMA location and finally got to try the famous sushirritto. Spoiler alert: it was everything I had ever hoped and dreamed for - no lie.

With an extensive menu, I already knew that I would have to get one with raw fish. I ordered the Ghesia's Kiss which included yellowfin tuna, tamago, piquillo peppers, lotus chips, cucumber, lettuce, ginger guac, yuzu tobiko, & sesame white soya.

For $12 USD, you got a full-sized burrito cut in half. This was the perfect snack for my family and I. Note that we had just finished a very filling brunch at Mama's just 45 minutes prior to eating this. And yes, my entire family is a food lovin' pig like I am (or should I say it's quite clear where I got my eating habits from... hahaha).

If you have not yet experienced the sushi-burrito phenomenon, you should definitely try to fit this into your itinerary when in San Francisco.





Sushirrito Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig