Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Le Petit Dejeuner



I have wanted to try Le Petit Dejeuner (@petidejeuner) for a while but heard that the line ups are ridiculously long on the weekend, but I decided to take my chances. Luckily, there was barely a line up and I only had to wait around 30 minutes to get a table around the prime brunch time (yay).


It is located on the East end, with a minimalistic store front. After seeing it, I'm pretty sure I've walked past it before and just not noticed it was there.




The inside is very small, but it wasn't overly crowded. We got seated in the side booth near the front door. Good thing for double doors, or else we would be freezing! (Yes, this is a late post. I am pretty sure I was still wearing my winter jacket on this day.)


J and I both wanted the waffles so J ordered the Waffle Benny while I ordered the Waffle Benjamin. J's had bacon, while mine had smoked salmon - absolutely divine.



It also came with a salad, which I didn't think I would enjoy but it was really refreshing against everything else we had on our plate.




We both really enjoyed this meal. The waffles were really light and tasted perfect with the icing and syrup. The portions were perfect, with two waffles halves, 1 egg, and a salad.
Usually when you order an Eggs benny, they give you two. To be honest, when I saw that they only gave me 1 poached egg, I was worried that I would still be hungry after. However, I was actually really glad. I did not feel really full after, but was content and had enough space in my stomach to go visit a cute coffee shop on the east end - which sounds perfect in my books!
So with that said, we headed to Odin afterwards :)

Le Petit Dejeuner on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig