Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Campagnolo


After hearing many great things about Campagnolo, I decided to take matter into my own hands and make it out to the west end. Verdict? It was the best decision I made all week.

The first time I ever visited Campagnolo was for a tasting hosted by Samuel Adams (see picture below of me trying really hard not to pick up my fork to eat while Chef Craig Harding explained his creation to us). I really enjoyed my meal there that first time, and have been meaning to come back ever since. Although Campagnolo opened in 2010, they quickly made it to many 'best of...' lists, including En Route magazine's Canada's Best New Restaurant list in 2011. Serving delicious Italian cuisine (read: some of the best pastas in the city), I was especially excited to stuff my face since I love love love pasta.


To start, we had a glass of prosecco and decided to order the following 2 starters:

Chicken Leg Involtini - buckwheat barley, brussel sprouts, and smoked celaric puree
• Fresh Burrata Cheese - with roasted grapes and toasted bread

Oh, my, noms. The burrata was on point! Although I didn't touch the grapes (I don't like mixing sweet fruits with salty foods), the combination of the burrata and the toasted bread was just the most delicious. The bread was very garlicy, and was the perfect amount of 'soggy' for my liking. The chicken leg involtini was also a good starter as the chicken was tender. The texture of the chicken and roasted brussel sprouts complimented each other.


As for our mains, we obviouslyyy had to order the pastas. Not knowing which pasta to order, we decided to go with all three.

• Spaghetti all'amatriciana
• Spiced Carrot Agnolotti - braised short rib, pearl onions, and preserved lemon gremolata
• Russet Potato Gnocchi - chicken of the woods mushrooms, toasted almonst, and blue cheese

Haha, that's honestly the only way to do it! I actually wanted to try the roasted halibut, but didn't get a chance to. I guess this means I will just have to come back for it hehe. However, keep in mind that Campagnolo changes their menu daily / monthly based on seasonal items. Hopefully they never take off the spaghetti all'amatriciana as that was a table favourite. We even got a second order of it!


We sat on the patio for our meal, and could have honestly stayed here forever. The atmosphere was very relaxing and we didn't want to leave! The servers were very attentive as well - I never had to ask for a refill of water (which is always a plus in my books). Campagnolo has made it on my list of "places I would visit twice", and that's a big thing for a food blogger! But it is safe to say that I will be back. Cheers!


Campagnolo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig