Saturday, October 29, 2016

Houston Avenue Bar & Grill • New Menu


There is no better way to end off a week of work than with a delicious prime rib dinner & a glass of red. Amiright?!

A couple weeks ago, I took a stroll down Yonge from work and stopped off at Houston Avenue Bar & Grill. Located right in the financial district off Yonge street, it is the perfect spot for me to stop by after work (since I work so close by). I've visited Houston a couple times before, but I decided to come back because they had a couple new items on the menu that I wanted to try out. Below is a list of the items that I ordered:

Beef Tartare - hand-cut beef, capers, chives, dijon, parmesan shavings, crostinis, mixed greens
Lobster Dumplings - pan-seared lobster stuffed dumplings, chorizo, sambal-melon dressing
Chicken Wings - chicken wings, tabasco buffalo style hot sauce, sesame seeds, green onions, roasted garlic sour cream
California Chicken Salad - crispy chicken, mixed lettuce, sambal, almonts, parmesan, grilled avocado, orange, tortillas, honey-mustard vinaigrette
Prime Rib au Jus - 14oz. prime rib, Yukon Gold potato purée, au jus, seasonal vegetables

First off... UM, the beef tartare was so good! I wanted more and more of it, even after we finished our plate. I actually did not expect much from the lobster dumplings, but they surprised me. The warm little potstickers were full of flavour! If you know me, you know I can't do anything spicy. But for hot chicken wings, I will brave the heat and I'm glad I did. The chicken wings were very juicy and not too breaded - just how I like them.

As for our mains, we decided to take it easy on the meat (haha - weird, I know). We ordered an order of the 14 oz prime rib & the California chicken salad to share. The prime rib was, as always, so tender and juicy. You honestly can't go wrong with ordering this. We also got mushrooms on the side (not pictured), which was also very buttery and delicious. The California chicken salad was also good. The chicken was a little burnt, but my favourite part of the salad was the dressing. We also enjoyed our mains with a glass of red, which made everything even better.

Overall, we both had a great meal at Houston. Although it was quite loud inside and it was hard to talk sometimes throughout dinner, we still enjoyed our time there. They also have drink specials, so be sure to look them up when trying to find a place to go after work! (P.S. My apologies to the weird colouring of the photos. If you've ever been inside, you would know that there is no white light and just purple/red lighting hahaha I tried my best!)



Thank you Houston for hosting me for this delicious dinner!

Houston Avenue Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig