Wednesday, February 22, 2017

B.Good, Real Food Fast


Someone once told me, "Eat a salad to be healthy, but eat a burger to stay sane." Best part about these burgers at b.good? They're healthy too!

Discovering spots around Toronto who serves delicious, healthy food while supporting local businesses makes me (and my stomach) very happy. & b.good is one of those spots. Serving up fast-food that was healthy and made you feel good afterwards was the inspiration for b.good, and I can definitely stand behind that.

Long gone are those days where you had to only eat salad to be healthy. Besides serving very filling salads, you're also able to enjoy a burger or sandwich. They use meats (chicken, turkey, and beef) from local farms they are all without hormones or antibiotics. For the vegans, they also make veggie burger in-house. The buns for the burgers & sandwiches are also gluten free! This can come with a side of fries, sweet potato fries, or sautéed veggies. What you need to know about the fries is that they make them in a way that takes away half the fat a side of fries really should have.



If that isn't for you, they also serve up some of the most delicious combos of kale & grain bowls. My personal fave is the spicy avocado & lime bowl and the curry & grilled avocado bowl. As for the salad that I chose, I went with the roasted butternut squash salad, which came with baby spinach, local cheddar, apples, almonds, and dried cranberries, topped with a house made maple-mustard vinaigrette.

As for the burger, my choice of the day was the turkey burger made as el guapo, which means my burger would come with bacon, homemade jalapeno slaw and topped with a jalapeno ranch - SO GOOD. After taking the first bite, I couldn't stop until I finished the entire thing. Of course, I got a side of fries too (for the main reason I stated above about it having less fat haha).

TBH, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the choices in their menu. The quality of b.good's ingredients are almost 2.good! I never really thought much about whether I'd feel 'good', but I tested it after eating at b.good and I did feel good! And by 'good', I mean I was really full from the meal, but I felt like I ready to go work out. And we all know how being really full doesn't ever make you feel like going for a run!

Side note: b.good's next step is to obtain a liquor license so it can serve beer & wine too! You bet I'll be back when this happens!!

Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig