Thursday, June 07, 2018 / Toronto, ON, Canada

French Affair at Gare De L'Est


If you decide to adventure to the east side of Toronto, I hope you end up on the patio of Gare De L'Est. GDL Brasserie is located on the corner of Dundas E and Carlaw St. Stepping into the restaurant, I immediately felt Parisian vibes. The interior is gorgeous and the smells were so aromatic due to their open concept kitchen. GDL serves up modern, authentic French cuisine and it is sure to whisk you away to France.

Thankfully I visited GDL with a couple of my girlfriends, Soheila, Krystle, Anna, and Danielle. And you know what that means... We obviously ordered a number of dishes to share! As you can see our spread in my pictures here, it was nothing short of magnifique! We started off with a serving of their foie gras, a dozen of oysters, and steak tartare. Listed below are mains we decided to order and share. I wish I could tell you which one was my favourite, but I honestly loved each and every dish. I will recommend you bringing a bunch of friends so you are able to try multiple dishes too ;)

• Confit de Canard (duck confit with rapini and onion)
• Steak Hache (an open-faced burger topped with a fried egg in a borgelaise sauce)
• Moules Frites (mussles in a white wine sauce with the best shoe string fries)
• Truite Amandine (troute in a beautiful almond cream sauce)

In addition to the food making me feel like I was having dinner in Paris, the service paired perfectly! The staff was amazing and very polite. I love how much attention they had, especially when they came around with bread crumb scrapers for the table! Overall, it was a lovely dining experience and I cannot wait to be back to try out the rest of the menu. If you're ever on the east end, be sure to stop by GDL. And if you aren't on the east end a lot, start planning your next trip ;)


Thank you for having us, Gare De L'Est - cheers!!


Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig