Saturday, November 09, 2013 / 101 Portland Street, Toronto, ON M5V 1T1, Canada

» Gusto 101

Gusto 101 = Amazing Italian Cuisine 101
- - -
Italian restaurants need to take notes from Gusto! The atmosphere, the food, the service.. Everything was impeccable. I enjoyed every little bit of my time here :)
Rigatoni Lucani x shredded braised lamb shank, tomato, fresh herbs, green olives, shaved pecorino
Spaghetti Chitarra allo Scoglio x manila clams, shrimps, mussels, baby scallops, peperoncino white wine, grape tomato
Speck e Gorgonzola x tomato, gorgonzola, porcini, honey mushrooms, speck
Thin pizza crust with a bunch of toppings.. Just like I was back in Italy :)
This is how you're supposed to eat it. Since the crust is so thin, and there's so many toppings on it, it's hard to eat it unless you fold it into a little sandwich and nom it!
Fettuccine ai Funghi portobello, porcini, oyster mushrooms, truffle paste, light cream sauce

All these dishes were absolutely delicious! We all shared our dishes and my favorite was definitely the spaghetti. However, all the dishes were heavily salted. Next time I'm going to make sure to ask for less salt to be used on all the sauces and seasoning (if possible). So if you're not into the salty (but still flavorful, don't get me wrong!), then ask for less salt/sauce too!
- - -
My favorite people!
Little Happy Birthday dessert platter for my beloved mommy :)
Budino al Cioccolato x caramel whisky, whipped cream
Aria di Agrumi x citrus air, pop rocks
Caffe freddo al Gianduia x coffee mousse, hazelnut
Tortino di Formaggio x mini cheesecake, rhubarb, strawberry jam

Dessert was really interesting! I didn't particularly like it all but it was just something you have to try. I would have to say that my favorite dessert was the Aria because the pop rocks were such an interesting combo with the airy foam.
- - -
They have this gorgeous rooftop patio that they open up in the summer. I would love to come back when they do this! 
Gusto 101 on Urbanspoon
- - -
If you didn't notice, we were wearing blue and white.. 
That was because after lunch, I treated to my fam to our first Jays game!!
peekaboo!

As you can tell, this is a super duper belated post. I just found this in my drafts and had to post it. 
Happy November! xo
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig