Monday, February 10, 2014

Ciao Wine Bar

First and foremost, happy belated (super) V :)

To celebrate her 22nd, we headed to Yorkville for one of our favorite cuisines: Italian.
I mean, how can you go wrong with pasta? Oh... We will soon find out.
We got a garlic loaf and wine to start.

For an appetizer, we decided to get the deep fried zucchini + artichokes, with roasted red pepper aioli and lemon lime aioli
It was rather interesting. The zucchini was great, but there wasn't quite enough of it. A little too many artichokes though... V wasn't a fan of the aioli sauce pairing but I rather loved it :D

For our mains,
V ordered the Ravioli, stuffed with aged ricotta cheese, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, Sicilian pesto in rose sauce. The deciding factor for her to order this dish was the pine nuts, and she said she didn't really taste any pine nuts. So it's safe to say she was not satisfied with this dish.
I ordered the Penne a la Vodka, which is penne pasta in pink vodka cream sauce with pancetta. I did not enjoy this dish whatsoever. I ordered this for old times sake since the last time I saw this pasta on the menu was in Rome when I was in Italy. Bad idea. It was so bland and the plate... What is with this ugly plate? Lol

To end off this disappointing meal, we decided to each order the tiramisu in hopes of ending off this meal on a good note.
It was...alright. It had a lot more cream than I had expected (don't like that) and not enough of the bottom layer (like the bread?). Just not a fan.

Overall, I didn't enjoy this restaurant as much as I had hoped to. Maybe I had high expectations but it is safe to say I will not be returning any time soon (or ever)!
Ciao Wine Bar on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig