Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The Gabardine



Who doesn't love a delicious plate of comfort food after a long day at work when it's cold outside? I know I do!



The Gabardine (@TheGabardine) is located in the heart of the financial district. That sounds comforting especially if you work in the financial district :)


With inspiration of their menu taken from old fashioned home cooking, The Gabardine serves up some good ol' comfort food.


We started off with an order of their korean fried cauliflower to share. Mixed in with sweet gochujang and buttermilk blue cheese sauce, this was one of the best fried cauliflowers I've ever had!! I've been having a lot of luck with great cauliflower dishes recently - love it!



Then our two main dishes arrived... Mac & Cheese and a chicken pot pie has to be the most basic and generic 'comfort food' items we could have ordered lol.


The chicken pot pie with a herbed pastry crust was so good. With a bit of the flakey crust slathered with the mixture inside of the pie, it was just so delicious. The chicken wasn't dry (which I was scared it'd be) and the crust didn't turn soggy.


If you're like me, and get bored of eating too much of the same flavoured dish in a meal, I would recommend sharing this. It's a pretty big portion and it does lose it's excitement after a while.


The other main dish that we ordered was the mac & cheese and it was my favourite dish of the night!! I had a really crazy craving for mac & cheese, and this really satisfied my craving. There was a perfect amount of cheese and the bread crumb crust on top added great texture to the dish.


The Gabardine recently changed their dessert menu and added a delicious peanut butter frozen custard to it. It came with an espresso ganache topped with chocolate crumbles and salted peanuts. Ahh, that description just made my mouth water. I really wish I wasn't so full so I could have tried it!



One thing about comfort food is that it is very filling. We were both stuffed by the time we finished our dishes. If you're looking for comfort food in the financial district, this is where it's at.

The Gabardine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig