Monday, August 24, 2015

Thoroughbred Food & Drink

*Pow pow* goes Thoroughbred's Kung Pao Cauliflower



Watch it, these little guys pack a mean punch, especially with that spicy kick after.

This is a belated post, as I made my way to Thoroughbred for summerlicious back in July.



Thoroughbred Food & Drink (@ThoroughbredTO) is located in the Entertainment District and is just a walks away from the main downtown area. Situated in this cute two story house-looking place, they have a baby patio (literally), a nice bar/casual dining area downstairs, as well as more dining space upstairs (I'm assuming it's for private parties).



We were situated downstairs with all the other diners.


As it was summerlicious, we were given a set menu with an appetizer, main, and dessert.


We both started off with the Kung Pao Cauliflower, with Cashews, Cilantro, and Chili.
Just wow - this was probably one of the best ways I've had cauliflower. It was crunchy as it is lightly fried, had an amazing flavour to it, and the cashews were the perfect addition to this veggie. I'd definitely order this dish again.



For our mains, L ordered the Fish & Chips, which is Giggie's Ontario Rainbow trout Warm Potato Salad Horseradish. This concoction is definitely different than the fish and chips that I was used to seeing, like the one I had at Pearl Diver. I tried a bit of it and it was really good. I really liked the fish and the actual chips! L really enjoyed this dish as well (it was quite obvious as she literally cleaned the plate so it was spotless haha).



I ordered the Mushroom Wellington with summer truffle onion jam. I've been craving some puff pastry (mainly a beef wellington, but I have no idea where to get that in Toronto), and this hit the spot. The pastry was so fluffy and light, which I really enjoyed. The filling was also really good and super flavourful. It was also nice with the greens as it helped balance this dish out.


As for our dessert, after much deliberation, we both went with the Chocolate Hazelnut Tarte. Ohhh my goodness. We were so happy with our choices. The rich hazelnut chocolate with the tart paired with the candied nuts were just amazing. It couldn't have been a better way to end our meal.


Overall, the food was superb. Everything was super tasty, and I definitely recommend coming here if you're looking for a place to have dinner. The tables are pretty close together, and it's a more cozy environment. I just wish their patio was bigger since it's summer!!

Click to add a blog post for Thoroughbred on Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig