Saturday, February 09, 2013 / Toronto, ON, Canada

» Bymark

After going to Bymark for drinks (when I decided to get an "Avocado Margarita"), and where I fell in love with their upstairs lounge, I really wanted to go for dinner.
My friend told me about how the famous Canadian chef, Mark McEwan, owned Bymark... I automatically thought that was so cool. Although I didn't know who he was until I googled, I was already enticed.

Overall, I had a great food experience at Bymark. I was quite adventurous (or so I'd like to tell myself) and the restaurant setting was really relaxing and romantical. :)
We sat in one of these little side booths :)

For starters, we got bread.. With.. Drumroll please. BUTTER! Yes!!! Finally I get to eat butter with bread, and not be a weirdo! I missed it so dearly because in Europe, people just eat bread.. With no butter. I never understood it. I can finally feel comfortable eating bread again!

Appetizer:

Lamb Sausage & Roasted Variegated Carrots
minted ricotta, blood orange segments & dill vinagrette


Parsnip Purée with Spot Prawns
chili & coriander cress
Main:

Cobia Filet
crusted w/ bread crumbs & rosemary, roasted sunchokes, preserved lemon, sweet onion espuma


Braised Veal Tortellini
celery root purée, gorgonzola, walnut & mâche

Dessert:

Chocolate Mousse w/ Earl Grey Shortbread
and mixed berry coulis


Pumpkin Spice Cake w/ Caramel Ice Cream
and salted caramel sauce

The appetizer I had was just veggies, so it wasn't really anything special.
However, the main course? Amazing. The fish was made so well. It wasn't dry, and it went well with the sauce and salad. The breadcrumbs were an amazing touch and added to the texture. I think that's what made it so good!!
And my dessert, the chocolate mousse, BOMB. I haven't had good chocolate mousse in so long!

I definitely recommend this restaurant! Here are the details:
Bymark
Address: 66 Wellington St W, Toronto, ON M5K 1J3
Phone: (416) 777-1144

But although I really liked my dinner, I wasn't even close to being full (this shows how much I eat...). After eating here, I actually went home to eat dinner LOL :)
Bymark on Urbanspoon
sincerely,
kn

- - -
Here is a sneak peak for my next post: Grey Goose Cherry Noir official launch party :)
Can anyone say... Yum? :)
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig