Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sukho Thai

I've ordered Sukho Thai delivery/take out before, but I have never had a chance to actually sit down and have their food. I absolutely love Thai food so I was excited for this meal.



Sukho Thai has three locations, one on Parliament, Dundas, and Wellington. I went to the one on Wellington as it was the closest to my office.


There are three areas of seating: an open space near the bar, an upper level on the right and an upper level on the left. It's quite dark inside, which is fine but it made me super sleepy.


But with the excitement of Thai food, there was no time for naps!


(omg I'm drooling)

Here is what we ordered:


PAD KEE MAO
Savoury, hot and spicy stir-fried rice noodles with a choice of chicken, beef, tofu or shrimp.  A delicious alternative to the slightly sweet Pad Thai.  Other ingredients:  green and red peppers, mushrooms, eggs and basil leaves (optional: red hot chili peppers for those of you who are on that other level)


PAD THAI
Thailand’s national dish.  Authentic stir-fried rice noodles in a light tamarind-based sauce with a choice of chicken, beef, tofu or shrimp.  We make our own tamarind sauce in-house!  And there’s no Ketchup! Other ingredients:  eggs, chives, tofu, shallots, and beansprouts.



KHAO SOI
Yellow noodles in curry gravy with green onions, coriander and a light, crispy noodle topping.  Choice of chicken or beef.  A specialty from Northern Thailand, it’s got a lot of texture and even more flavour.


One word: amazing. This was the first time I tried the Khao Soi, and it was so delicious! I just didn't have enough noodles :( I could have continued eating until I liked that bowl clean! I've also had their pad thai before and it was also really good. I absolutely love Thai food. I don't think I realized this until I went to Thailand and then came back. I didn't take advantage of my time there enough!! I believe that was mainly because I couldn't take spicy at all before but now I can hehe. So now I can't wait to go back and finally try some of their main dishes.

But for now, I will be happy with this :)

Sukho Thai on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig