Saturday, April 27, 2013

» Petite Thuet

The day S and I both had a crazy craving of macarons
- - -
I can't believe I walked past Petite Thuet every single day for the past four months and not realize that it was a French bakery. I mean the name of the cafe should have given it away, non? Karen fail.
On their website, this is their description: Reminiscent of the bustling boulangeries / patisseries of Paris, Petite Thuet is a showcase of old school ambiance and artisanal values.
That in itself made me want to leave work in the middle of the day to go and relive my time in Paris.
The interior was definitely very old and ancient looking (which I lovedddd).
Since there weren't many left (we went after work) for the day, S tried Blueberry Cheesecake and I tried the Raspberry.
Overall, I'd say that their macarons were NOT that great.
I know I can be a little biased since I've been mainly been eating macarons from Paris for the past little while.. BUT still.
The shells were a little hard and I didn't have enough filling. The flavoring wasn't strong enough and I felt like I was just eating air.
Maybe I was just unlucky but I'm probably not going to go back for the macarons! Their other baked goods/sandwiches looked amazing though.
- - -
Petite Thuet on Urbanspoon
sincerely,
kn
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig