Saturday, July 04, 2015

Novita Italian Cuisine


A date night with my sissy at the new Italian restaurant down the street sounded like the perfect Wednesday night after a long day of work.


Novita recently opened up at Woodbine and Highway 7. I've never realized how big this space is until we were walking to our table.


The interior is so pretty! I loved the open kitchen as well.


There are two big areas for seating, and also a patio area.



They have a two paged menu with a lot of different options, including the appetizers, pastas, pizza, full protein meals (veal, chicken, steak, etc.). We both decided to get pasta though. I was having another one of my pasta craving days :)


We started off with some bread, which was okay (mainly maybe because I expected that the bread would be warm).


Our fried calamari came out first, with some spinach chips and aioli on the side.


It was soo good!! We were super hungry so we devoured it immediately.
The spinach chips were a great addition! 


And then our pastas came!!


I ordered the Salmone Affumicato Penne, which is Norwegian salmon, vodka fresh chives in rose sauce. I opted for angel hair pasta instead of the penne though. It was good! The presentation was sloppy and there was sauce all over the bowl. I had to wipe it down to take a picture lol. There was a good amount of salmon and there was a good amount of sauce.




My sissy ordered the Pollo Linguine Alfredo, which is tender chicken cooked in a traditional Alfredo sauce finished with parmigiano cheese. I actually liked this sauce a lot. It was super rich but not too creamy. However, the chicken was really hard and dry, which my sister wasn't a fan of.


The best kind of meals are the ones that you aren't paying for. Thanks sissy for taking me out for dinner with your first real life paycheck! Hehe.

Overall, I had a good time here. It wasn't busy so the restaurant was rather quiet. Our server was really attentive in the beginning but slacked off after we got our mains. The food was good but I wouldn't say it's the best in the area. With that said, I still really enjoyed my night here and would recommend you to try it out if you are in the area.

Click to add a blog post for Novita Italian Cuisine on Zomato

Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig