Sunday, March 31, 2013 / Richmond Hill, ON, Canada

» He has Risen

The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay."
Matthew 28:5-6
- - -
Today is a big day, for many reasons.
First and foremost, today is the day that He has Risen. That in itself is something to celebrate about.
- - -
Secondly, today is a big day for me too. Tim Neufeld from Starfield (my favorite Christian singer growing up as a kid) led worship this morning at my church. He was amazing. Listening to his voice transported me back to my elementary school. His voice is still the same and his passion for Christ is remarkable. 
Besides having an amazing worship session, I got the chance to meet him and talk to him personally. He shared his story and helped me realize my passion for helping the less fortunate.
I always knew I had a soft spot for children. And I always realized how my heart tugs and hurts whenever I see someone that is less fortunate (ie. A homeless/disabled person, etc). But I never put the two together.

And with that being said, my heart was literally pounding a million times a second when I was talking about this (okay not really but you know what I mean) so I just concluded that was a sign for me to step up to my calling and sponsor a child. :)
Say hi to the new addition to my family: Linet Wakio Khamisi
She lives in Kenya, and is going to be turning 4 years old this June.
By sponsoring her, I am just hoping that she gets to experience a fraction of the blessed life that I fortunately got to have.
- - -
Lastly, today has definitely been a wake-up call for me.
I realized how beyond blessed I am. 
So many people complain about not having enough money to buy that designer purse, or some people even complain about having problems spending too much money. I've definitely said those things before, but it's SO silly. Like, here I am complaining about having too many clothes and there are people in this world who struggle to live day by day.
Who am I to complain?
- - -
TLDR? Count your blessings, and learn to use your own blessing to help those who can't help themselves.

Happy Easter!
 
sincerely,
kn
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig